Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists advanced exams
- Pathology – passed April 2008
- Clinical exams – passed April 2009
Master of Medicine (Primary research) – Awarded June 2006
- 2004-2005 Save Sight Institute, University of Sydney
– Dr John Grigg
– Dr Stuart Graham
– Dr Raymond Garrick
- The use of multifocal visual evoked potential objective perimetry in optic neuritis primarily associated with Multiple Sclerosis
North American Neuro-Ophthalmic Society – Best Abstract Award, 2006
- Best abstract by resident for platform or poster presentation, Arizona 2006 – "One year Multiple Sclerosis conversion rates for patients with mVEP latency delay."
North American Neuro-Ophthalmic Society – Best Abstract Award, 2005
- Best abstract by resident for platform or poster presentation, Colorado 2005 – "The use of mVEP in the differential diagnosis of acute optic neuritis"
Neuro-ophthalmic Society of Australia – Best Young Investigator, 2004
- Best platform presentation, NOSA annual congress, Melbourne 2004 – "The applications of mVEP in optic neuritis and neurofibromatosis type 2"
MS Society Australia Young Researcher Award, 2004
- Best research poster, Progress in MS Research meeting, Melbourne 2004 – "The use of multifocal VEP in patients with previous optic neuritis"
University Postgraduate Award Scholarship
- 2004-2005 scholarship granted by the University of Sydney
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Ist class Honours)
- University of Western Australia, 2000
- Immunology Prize
Dux of Methodist Ladies College 1993
- Perth, Western Australia
- Subject prizes in physics, chemistry, calculus, trigonometry and French
Senior ophthalmology registrar, Royal North Shore Hospital – July 2009 ongoing
Ophthalmology registrar, Sydney Eye Hospital: 2006 – 2009
- 2006 – Concord Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Eye Emergency, Royal North Shore Hospital
- 2007 – St George Hospital, Hobart Hospital, Team C Sydney Eye Hospital, Liverpool Hospital
- 2008 – Westmead Children's Hospital, Wagga Base Hospital, St Vincent's Hospital, Bankstown Hospital
- 2009 – Sydney Eye Hospital Team A and emergency department
Neuro-ophthalmology research fellow
- July 2004 – Jan 2006
- St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney
Clinical sub-investigator international ophthalmic drug trials
- Feb 2004 – Jan 2006
- Marsden Eye Centre, Dr Jennifer Arnold
PREVIOUS MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS
Intern, Resident medical officer 2/3 : Jan 2001 – Oct 2003
- Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, W.A.
Medical Registrar: Oct 2003 – Dec 2005
- Shenton Park Rehabilitation Hospital, W.A.
- St Vincent's Private Hospital – Health Assessment Centre
FURTHER MEDICAL TRAINING
Emergency Management of Severe Trauma Certificate
- St George Hospital, Sydney, 2004
1. Fraser, C; Klistorner, A; Graham, S; Garrick, R; Billson, F; Grigg, J. Multifocal Visual Evoked Potential analysis of inflammatory or demyelinating optic neuritis. Ophthalmology, Feb 2006; 113 (2): 314-323.
2. Fraser, C; Klistorner, A; Graham, S; Garrick, R; Billson, F; Grigg, J. Multifocal visual evoked potential latency analysis: predicting progression to multiple sclerosis. Archives of Neurology, June 2006; 63: 847 – 50.
3. Fraser, C; Arnold, J. Ongoing Verteporfin induced back pain – clinical case notes. Accepted Retina.
4. Fraser, C; Liew, S; Fitzsimmons, R; Arnold, J. Spontaneous resolution of corneal blood-staining: a photographic essay. Clinic and Exp Ophthalmology, April 2006; 34 (3): 279
5. Klistorner, A; Fraser, C; Graham, S; Garrick, R; Nyugen, T; Paine, M; O'Day, J; Grigg, J; Bilson, F. Electrophysiological evidence for heterogeneity of lesions in optic neuritis. IOVS, Oct 2007; 48(10): 4549-56
6. Klistorner, A; Fraser, C; Garrick, R; Graham, S; Arvind, H. Correlation between full field and multifocal VEP's in optic neuritis. Documenta Ophthalmogica, Jan 2008; 116(1):19-27. Epub Aug 2007.
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society Meeting, 2006.
Tucson, Arizona, United States of America, 27 Feb 2006
One year conversion rate to Multiple Sclerosis for optic neuritis patients with multifocal visual evoked potential latency delay. (Best abstract award)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, 2005
Chicago, Illinois, October 2005.
Latency of multifocal VEP in patients with optic neuritis and its role in MS risk assessment.
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society Meeting, 2005.
Copper Mountain, Colorado, United States of America, 15 Feb 2005
The use of multifocal visual evoked potentials in the differential diagnosis of acute optic neuritis. (Best abstract award)
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists meeting, 2009
Hunter Valley, April 2009. Electrophysiology of the optic nerve.
- Neurology postgraduate teaching weekend, 2009
Melbourne, Feb 2009. Multifocal visual evoked potentials.
- Neuro-ophthalmic society of Australia "Bridging the Gap" neuroscience day 2008
Canberra, Sept 2008. Role of Multifocal visual evoked potentials in optic neuropathy.
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology congress, 2005
Hobart, Nov 2005. Multifocal visual evoked potential analysis in optic neuritis.
- Neuro-ophthalmic society of Australia annual meeting.
Melbourne, 20 Nov 2004
The use of multifocal visual evoked potentials in chronic optic neuritis. (Best young researcher award)
The use of multifocal visual evoked potentials in the management of neurofibromatosis type 2.
- International Congress of Ophthalmology, 2006
Brazil, February 2006
The use of mVEP latency analysis to predict progression to multiple sclerosis.
- World Congress of Neurology, 2005
Sydney, November 2005.
Can multifocal visual evoked potential latency analysis predict progression to multiple sclerosis?
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 2005
Fort Lauderdale, USA, April 2005.
Acute optic neuritis from presentation to one year post diagnosis: an mVEP study.
- International Congress for Eye Research, 2004
Sydney, August 2004
Multifocal visual evoked potentials: applications in neuro-ophthalmology.
- Multiple Sclerosis Congress, 2006
Sydney, March 2006
The use of mVEP in predicting progression to Multiple Sclerosis following optic neuritis.
- Progress in Multiple Sclerosis Research meeting, 2004
Melbourne, November 2004.
Multifocal visual evoked potentials in patients with previous optic neuritis. (Young researcher award)
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology 35th Annual Scientific Congress, 2003
Auckland, November 2003.
Keratitis associated with autoimmune polyendocrine candidiasis ectodermal dystrophy
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology 34th Annual Scientific Congress, 2002
Canberra, November 2002.
Scedosporium sclerouveitis: is voriconazole the answer?
PUBLIC HEALTH EXPERINCE
- Clinics for remote rural aboriginal communities, Royal Flying Doctor Service, Kununurra, 2000.
- Tuberculosis contact tracing, team member, Colonial War Memorial Hospital, Suva, Fiji, 1998.
- Survey of health status of women in the Australian Defence Force, Department of Public Health, University of Western Australia, 1997
- Dr Justin O'Day, Dr Mark Paine, Dr Tan Nyugen, Royal Melbourne Eye and Ear Hospital – Organised standardisation of optic neuritis testing protocols using the multifocal VEP system.
- Dr Alex Holcombe, Department of Psychology, University of Sydney – Assesment of migraineurs with and without visual aura, using multifocal visual evoked potentials
- Ongoing teaching to medical students, residents and emergency registrars
- Training and assessment of new visual acuity and refraction examiners, international ophthalmic drug trials.
- Abseiling and rock-climbing Instructor – Kalbarri Abseil, Kalbarri National Park and Recreate program, University of Western Australia, 1995-1997
- Founding member and secretary – Sydney Eye Registrars Association – 2009
- Team leader as sole doctor on duty at Kalgoorlie regional hospital emergency department. August – October 2002.
- President of University of WA French Society, 1997
- J24 National Championships yachting regatta 2002, crew-member, "Sailaway"
- Half Ironman triathlon, finisher, Busselton 2003, Yeppoon 2005
- Volunteer doctor – MS Charity Challenge, 2 week cycle tour of China, 2005
- Canteen sailing day (for children with cancer), crew member/helper – Royal Perth Yacht Club 2001-2003.
- Fluent French speaker – lived in France for 1 year, on-going conversation classes